Work for Rescue Ranch
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Rescue Ranch. Rescue Ranch is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) animal welfare organization located in Statesville, NC committed to ending pet overpopulation and saving and improving the lives of animals in need. Our organization encompasses a broad range of job opportunities across many disciplines including: administration, humane education, customer service, fundraising, marketing, community relations, volunteer management, animal care, adoptions, shelter management and operations.
Because our success is dependent upon the individual and collective accomplishments of our diverse, experienced, knowledgeable and talented employees we are dedicated to being a great place to work. We strive to provide the programs, services and benefits that will allow our staff to excel at what they do.
Rescue Ranch is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the policy of Rescue Ranch not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital, civil union or domestic partner status, military service, family medical history or genetic information or any other factor protected by law in the hiring, promotion, payment of discipline of employees.
Pre-employment background and screening is required for all employment opportunities.
Rescue Ranch offers its employees competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits following 90 days of employment.
Weekend Education Instructor Apply
Operations | Posted Thursday, September 13, 2018
The Weekend Education Instructor will teach students and adults about the Animal Ambassadors that reside at Rescue Ranch. This includes, but not limited to, small mammals, reptiles, birds, and agriculture animals. This is a part time position of no more than 16 hours per week that requires working on weekend.
Reports to: Humane Education Manager
· Teach education classes about the care and survival of our RR Animal Ambassadors to children and adults.
· Work with volunteers to help visitors interact with RR Animal Ambassadors.
· Keep current in knowledge about domestic and wild animals, the natural environment, and other related topics in humane education.
· Perform various office tasks as needed, such as answering phones, taking payments, booking programs, typing up schedules, and copying and folding flyers.
· Maintain compliance with Rescue Ranch policies, procedures, and safety standards.
· Represent Rescue Ranch standards of professionalism.
· Provide continual monitoring of animals and report any sign of illness or injury to supervisor.
· Assist in the cleaning of the main building.
· Give tours to Ranch visitors.
· Replenish supplies.
· Experience working with animals, children, and adults.
· Experience presenting educational programs to preschool and school age children.
· Experience working with and handling small mammals, birds, reptiles, farm animals, and other animals.
· Knowledge of humane animal care, animal behaviors, and characteristics.
· Ability to take charge and react calmly and quickly in stressful situations involving people and animals.
· Must be organized, motivated, reliable, able to multi-task and work well with minimum supervision.
· Ability to use positive techniques for handling disruptive people of any age.
· Employee must demonstrate ability to work effectively with others (including co- workers, volunteers, and guests) by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; and addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.